Best Movers Near Me
Buying a house in Maryland and having a fresh start is a beautiful experience that can be ruined in an instant if you end up with the wrong moving partners. Moving means a lot of paperwork which is already an exhausting process. Decluttering, packing all the stuff, and safely transporting all the valuables can double your stress if you don’t hire the right Maryland movers. After all, you wouldn’t like to see your expensive vase broken or your furniture damaged horribly in the process.
To save yourself from unnecessary tension and unpleasant surprises, you must hire movers and packers who are reliable, transparent, and professional in their work. But the question is, how do you find the best movers in town, and who should you trust?
Finding the Best Movers
Investing a little time and doing some research can give you significant insight into the matter. Also, Google can be of great assistance in this regard; top listings, reviews, work experiences; there is a lot you can learn about a company when you search for ‘best movers near me.’
But that is not it; we have some useful tips for you to find the only best Washington Dc Movers for your relocation task. So, let’s begin:
§ Collect Referrals
Start by asking your friends, family members, and colleagues who have recently shifted their houses, or they might know someone reliable. The feedback you will receive from them will be the most reliable as they had one-on-one interaction with the company. You can also contact a local real estate agent as they are also in a position to suggest to you trustworthy movers.
- Always get an in-person estimate.
- Anything that comes without a survey by the moving company is a big bluff just to make you hire them.
- You cannot trust the big names blindly because, at times, they might not fit your project requirements.
- Many professional companies maintain functional websites to give their customers a facilitating experience. Visit the website thoroughly to get the idea of their services and then contact.
§ Compare the Bids
You will receive different estimates from local movers; some will bid lower than your expectations and some higher. Collect the estimates from a minimum of three and maximum as many as you can, and then compare them. If a company is charging more, ask them questions concerning the higher cost. Sometimes higher charges (slight or significant) come with additional professional services and security or simply due to their higher quality of work.
§ Question the Estimator
When movers pay a visit to analyze the nature of the job and provide an estimate, grab this golden opportunity and ask questions such as:
- How will they plan to work on the project?
- What will be the procedure?
- How would they make sure nothing gets damaged, etc.?
- What is their emergency protocol?
Their behavior, professionalism, and ability to provide a satisfactory answer will help you analyze their competency and capabilities. Pay attention to their arrival timing, the condition of the van they came in, and their suggested solutions. Moreover, never agree to make the payment in advance; that’s the biggest red flag you could ever get. Any professional Maryland movers such as Swiftway Services will always accept payment only when the customers are completely satisfied with the job.
§ Licensed and Fully Insured
Many movers and packers are unlicensed and have no insurance, which is highly dangerous for the entire moving process. In case of an accident, your claim against them won’t stand a chance as you have hired an unlicensed company.
- To verify the authenticity of any mover company for in-state shifting, check the requirements by local consumer affair agencies for in-state shifting. A list of local agencies is also available through FMCSA’s contacts database.
- You can check the license and US DOT number for interstate relocation at protectyourmove.gov. The DOT number is a license issued by the US Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). This number is needed if later you claim any damage or mishap.
Through a DOT number, you can find a lot of important information related to a company. Here are something’s you must check:
- Company’s name, address, and phone number.
- Power units and Drivers portion tells the number of trucks and drivers the company keeps.
- Out of service field must say ‘No.’
- For household goods, it should say ‘Yes.’
- They must have insurance for bodily injury and property damage of $750,000 with cargo insurance.
For further licensing and insurance details, you can call the FMCSA department.
§ Better Business Bureau
It is also recommended to consider the track record of your chosen local movers at Better Business Bureau (BBB). BBB is an online platform offering information related to different businesses. It is better to pick a company accredited by BBB or one with good reviews and ratings. If the reviews are problematic, move on to others.
§ Professional Accreditation
American Moving and Storage Association has a site Moving.org that enlists professionally accredited companies. These trade associations only certify professionally competent local movers with certificates. Your chosen company must have the PMSA’s ProMover Logo.
What Makes a Company Reliable?
Despite all the licenses and certificates, you must check if the staff is cooperative enough and understand your needs for a smooth and hassle-free experience. If there is any miscommunication, it can cause you to lose time, money, and even damage to your valuable items. The condition of vehicles owned by the company should be in proper working condition with a fully equipped and highly trained staff.
Your chosen company must be able to tailor its resources to your specific needs. From the right type of vehicles to adequate equipment and storage facilities, a company must be ready to accommodate all your needs.
Get a Free Quote for Your Move with Swiftway Services
Swiftway Services are one of the leading Washington Dc Movers. Thanks to our 15 years of hands-on experience and exceptional quality of services, Swiftway Services is a name you can trust for residential and commercial relocation. Whether you wish to move your office, household, or corporate, our skilled team can streamline a process with efficiency.
Maryland Movers are a reputable, licensed, registered and insured moving and relocation company, specializing in long distance moves. We provide 24 hour customer service and unmatched resources to pack, load, move and unload all your belongings safely.